Dr. Carmen Puértolas graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Valencia and earned his Ph.D. at the same university.
She is a member of the Spanish Society of Aesthetic Surgery (SECE) and the Spanish
Society of Medical-Surgical Laser (SELMQ). She is a pioneer in the management of laser and pulsed light in Valencia.
DR. CARMEN PUÉRTOLAS DE GALA
Collegiate No.: 13741, Official College of Physicians of Valencia.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. University of Valencia (1986).
- Dissertation about ” Histological Endometrial Base of Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding.” University of Valencia (1987).
- PhD Programme (Department of Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Duration 250 hours of classes) and Certificate of Research Proficiency dated March 12, 1991. University of Valencia.
- Doctorate cum laude in Medicine and Surgery. Doctoral Thesis: “Action of ovarian steroid production on LH secretion at Menopause.” University of Valencia, 1992.
- Master in Aesthetic Medicine after the successful completion of parts I and II on the advanced course in Aesthetic Medicine. Spanish School of Aesthetic Medicine.
- Aesthetics Medical Accreditation No. 44 (Official College of Physicians of Valencia)
- Member of the Spanish Society of Aesthetic Medicine.
- Full member of the Spanish Society of Medical Surgical Laser.
Trained at the University Hospital of Valencia as research assistant with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Diagnosis and treatment of perimenopause, menopause and signs of aging in women.
Experience in Aesthetic Medicine for over 10 years, working in a national chain as medical director. She was a pioneer in Valencia in the management of Lasers and Intense Pulsed Light equipment such as: alexandrite laser for hair removal; pulsed light hair removal treatment; skin rejuvenation; tattoo removal and benign pigmented lesions.
She also worked with Long pulse Neodymium-Yag laser for treatment of varicose veins and benign vascular lesions and Erbium- YAG laser for ablative skin resurfacing (wrinkle removal). She dominates dermocosmetic techniques (dermabrasion, peels surface and means …), implants with different materials such as Artecoll, Hyaluronic acid, Bioalcamid, etc. gaining excellent results in lip augmentation, wrinkle filling and the correction of facial lipodystrophy, common in HIV positive patients.
COURSES AND CONFERENCES
- Speaker at XIX National Congress of Gynaecology: Oviedo, October 1987: “Study on 153 cases of HUD pre-and postmenopausal patients” Puertolas, C., Tortajada, M. and University Hospital of Valencia.
- Theoretical-practical course on ultrasound in obstetrics and gynaecology. Duration: 150 hours. University of Valencia, April 1989.
- Speaker at XXI Spanish Congress of Gynaecology and Obstetrics: Alicante, May 1991:
- – “Study of the discharge of LH compared to progesterone and estradiol in postmenopause” Puértolas C., Aliaga, R., Cano A., University Hospital of Valencia.
- – “Validation of the measurement of LH and FSH in the urine of postmenopausal women” Puértolas, C., Aliaga, R., Cano A., University Hospital of Valencia.
- Speaker at II European Congress of Gerontology: Madrid, September 1991: “Action of progesterone on LH secretion in postmenopausal women” Puértolas, C., Aliaga, R., Cano A., Faculty of Medicine of Valencia.
- Workshop at the Laser Medical Institute, Madrid, June 5, 1999: “Laser Sclerotherapy in Chronic Venous Insufficiency.”
- II International conference. Innovations and performance in laser and pulsed light. Madrid, November 1999. Mediform Group.
- III International Conference. Innovations and updates on Laser and Pulsed Light. Barcelona, November 2000. Mediform Group. She presented clinical cases: “Perioral Skin Resurfacing with Erb-Yag Laser.”
- IX Mediterranean Conference on therapeutic confrontations in medicine and cosmetic surgery. Barcelona, March 2001.
- III European Congress of Aesthetic Medicine and XVII National Congress of the Spanish Society of Aesthetic Medicine. Valencia 25-28 October 2001. She presented, together with her colleagues in the study: “Facial hair removal with Intense Pulsed Light”. It was awarded first prize of Free Communications.
- IV International Conference. Laser, Intense Pulsed Light and Dermocosmetic techniques. Barcelona, November 2001.
- V International Conference. Laser, Intense Pulsed Light and Dermocosmetic techniques. Lisbon, November 2002.
- VI International Conference. Laser, Intense Pulsed Light and Dermocosmetic techniques. Barcelona, October 2003. Mediform Group.
- VII Theoretical and Practical Course in Plastic Surgery Update: Poly-lactic acid (New.-Fill) in the treatment of aging. Casa de Salud Hospital. Valencia, November 2003.
- XI Congress of the Spanish Society of Medical Surgical Laser. Zaragoza. June, 2003.
- IV Course on Medical-Surgical Laser. Autonomous University of Barcelona, Planas Clinic. Barcelona. October 2003.
- Profesional Conference of Aesthetic Medicine. Valencia. February 2004.
- Hemodynamic Exploration of the lower extremities, Doppler and echo-Doppler. Organised by the Centre for College Studies of the College of Physicians of Barcelona for the Spanish Society of Aesthetic Medicine. Barcelona, February 2004 (8 hours).
- Course on Botulinum Toxin in Aesthetic Medicine. Madrid, June 5, 2004. (10 lecture hours, 1.5 credits).
- IX International Conference Laser, Intense Pulsed Light and Dermocosmetic techniques. Palma de Mallorca. October 2006. Mediform Group
- CPR Course. E.V.E.S, 2006
- X International Conference. Laser, Intense Pulsed Light and Dermocosmetic techniques. Barcelona. October 2007
- Speaker at the XVI Congress of the Spanish Society of Medical Surgical Laser: “Body treatments with radiofrequency: Thermacool.” Cordoba, 18-20 April 2008.
- Cano, A.; Puértolas, C., Aliaga, R., et al: “Pulsability of Lh in Women With and Without ovaries DURING desensitization induced by recovery from buserelin. Human Reprod.(Abstracts, 1992).